Benefits for the Teacher
The Golf in Schools program will help you to provide you with easy-to-follow suggestions on how to increase your students’ knowledge of fundamental movement skills related to the sport of golf as well as:
- Assess student physical proficiency in a variety of fundamental movement skills
- Enable the learning of golf and golf-related sport/games activities in order for your students to continue to expand on their physical development
- Provide age-appropriate assessment tools that students can use to determine their own progress and success
- Identify national physical education curricular links for each grade range.
- Make links to other subject areas (e.g., Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, Health, Visual Arts).
Benefits for the Student
Golf in Schools will help students by:
- Acting as a resource to help them develop the physical literacy skills necessary to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to lead healthy, active, and successful lives
- Exposing them to culturally diverse activities
- Being gender inclusive
- Providing a fun way to enjoy movement and effort
- Introducing them to golf, a sport they can enjoy for life
- Providing the avenue to continue their participation within golf outside of school
- Increasing their knowledge of golf and enabling the learning of other related sport/games activities to expand their basic movement skill development.
- Bringing awareness to socio-economic factors.
- Promoting active healthy living as part of a well-balanced life.
- Providing age-appropriate assessment tools that students can use to determine their own progress and success.
Program levels are catered specifically to the age group: